Y is for this Year in Review
Okay, so we’re not anywhere near a year into 2011, but with only two blog posts to go in the A to Z challenge, and for this blog, a little bit of this year in review seems like a fun way to use the letter Y today.
Some Interesting (to me anyway!) things about Teri’s Blip this year:
- As of April 28th I’ve had 13,991 visits to my blog. I’m not sure how many hits other people get, but this seems decent to me!
- Since March 2009 when I started this blog I’ve had a total of 72,220 visits here.
- Considering that I’ve had only 3,498 comments left compared to 72,220 visitors, it’s obvious that most of my readers are lurkers rather than talkers. Oh, that total is not counting the 1,572 spam comments that Askimet has caught for me.
- Not everyone who comes to my blog shows up looking for BRCA information. WordPress has a fun feature that shows me what words people are using to in their search engine to get here. Sometimes what I see here skeeves me out totally, and other times it just makes me laugh. Some non-BRCA searches have been:
* Kind of gross, but the number one, most searched for phrase is “breasts not covered” – so I guess it’s people looking for soft porn or something. It’s not that kind of website, people!
* The second most searched for word is “libra” – a long while ago I wrote a post called The Zodiac and Wolves. I included a picture of a naked painted woman with the balancing scales. It brought in a crazy amount of views (in fact, I wrote that back in 11-2009 and it still ranks #2 of the amount of traffic that came to my site from it!) Once I figured out that the only reason for the increased views was because of that picture (and not anything else I had to say) I removed it and replaced it with a different photo. I didn’t want hits that I didn’t deserve. Yes, I’m weird like that.
* I get a lot of hits from people searching for other people (most on my Facebook friends list) – I guess they wind up here because those people have left a comment on my blog at some time or another. Sort of stalker-y..
* “Guttural sound”. Yes, more than one person has typed this into Google and ended up at my blog. M’kay!
* “Dr. DellaCroce’s wife”. This one is a bit creepy – Dr. D is my plastic surgeon at NOLA, not sure why someone is trying to find info on his wife. Again, a bit stalker-y!
* “Hospital Gown Open Boobs”. Also “sexy nude women who had a hysterectomy”. Seriously, there are a lot of pervs out there.
* “Hooter’s Girls”. Not sure how anyone ended up here with that one, but they did. Interesting!
* “Rude optical illusions”. Uhhhh?
Okay, enough of that stuff. Most of the searches are legitimately BRCA, cancer or reconstruction related, but obviously there are some that raise my eyebrows at times!
- I’ve published 320 posts since I started blogging.
- My top post, or the post that has gotten the most hits, this year has been “Pictures of Women after Mastectomy“
- My number one referring site is Networked Blogs from Facebook – so most of the people coming to my blog are doing so through my blog auto-posting on Facebook. Never underestimate the power of social networking!
- My number two referring site this year is from a friend of mine, Janine. Her blog is called “Cut the b*tches off” – that’s the power of blogrolls in action!
- On my blogroll, the link that’s been clicked the most is The BRCA Sisterhood Reconstruction Photo Site. Cool!
Okay, so that about wraps up my Y post. Don’t forget to check back here tomorrow for my final post – Zee End!